Sunday, April 29, 2012

Indiana Opener

Well, it was opening weekend for trout season here in the Hoosier state so I made my way with the masses to one of the supported locations on Sunday after opening day to see I could harass some stockers. While the streams was small and ditch-like it did have some holding water but only a little over a mile is stocked making options a little limited. It was overcast and breezy in the low 60s which helped the bite. Over the 3 hours I fished I landed a number of feisty stocker rainbows who mostly had all fins and aside from bland coloration seemed fit and fairing ok plus a rogue bass. I did see some yellow drakes come off but just a couple and there were enough random caddis and midges on the water before I departed for me to take a few on top much to the disapproval from the chunkers. Most fish came on neutral colored tungsten-bead nymphs on an Indy rig or under a buoyant dry. Snuck beer into the FWA for a mid-day snack while stopping to re-rig.

A few pics from the day.






All the best,

Stroker

2 comments: